With its breakthrough stain-, impact-, and heat-resistance properties – Hanex Solid Surfaces are ideal for both commercial and residential applications. They are easy to care for, too. The surface is non-porous and NSF Certified. With periodic maintenance – just a quick wipe down with a damp cloth – The surface maintains its original beauty for years. Most importantly, it can be repaired and restored to its original condition, unlike other surfacing materials.
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth or sponge soaked in water
- Basic stains: Clean with mild detergents or general all purpose cleaners
- Periodically go over entire surface with a mild abrasive cleanser or a wet blue Scotch Brite™ pad to maintain a uniform appearance.
The innate feature of Hanex Solid Surfaces gives it excellent heat resistant properties compared to other surfacing materials in the market, however, to prevent any damages from heat, never place hot items directly on Hanex Solid Surfaces. Always use trivets with rubber feet when placing hot items on the countertop. Remember, placing hot pans or heat-generating appliances directly on Hanex Solid Surfaces may cause damages to your countertop. Avoid direct and indirect heat reaching temperatures of 80°C (170°F) or above.
Avoid strong chemicals that can cause damages to your surface such as oven cleaners, acetone, paint removers, and other strong chemicals. If exposed, promptly flush with water. Remember, prolonged contact with harsh chemicals can cause serious damage to your countertop.
Simple Steps To Avoid Damage
- Avoid cutting directly on Hanex Solid Surfaces, always use a cutting board.
- Never place hot pans directly on the countertop. Even though Hanex Solid Surfaces can withstand temperatures up to 350°F, prolonged periods or extreme heat could cause permanent damage.
- Strong acids, such as those found in drain cleaners should be flushed with water immediately. Some of these items, when left on surface may cause whitening, which can be difficult to remove.
Removing Persistent Stains
- To remove persistent stains, cigarette burns or scratches: Scrub the stained area with a mild abrasive cleanser using blue Scotch Brite™ pad.
- Deep scratches can be eliminated by carefully sanding down the damaged area with a 120 grit sandpaper, followed by a 220 grit, finishing with a 320 grit sandpaper. Finish by lightly rubbing the surface with a wet, blue Scotch Brite™ pad in a circular motion to restore the finish. Note: different methods can be used depending on the finish.
- For deep scratches and/or other damages which may require an expert repair, please contact your Authorized Hanex Solid Surfaces Repair Agent or Certified Hanex Solid Surfaces Fabricator.